Facials are a treatment for the face meant to cleanse, firm, smooth and moisturize the skin. Many people swear by facials not only as a way to feel relaxed and pampered but also as a means for making their skin healthier.
Why Get a Facial?
- Deeply clean the skin and pores
- Improve skin that is either too dry or too oily
- Improve acne
- Rejuvenate skin that has begun to look old or wrinkled
- Relax and de-stress
Our highly-trained aestheticians apply creams, gels, serums, masks, mists, and lotions that are meant to clean and revitalize the skin. A facial can help your skin look and feel better – and give your self-image a boost in the process.
Types of Facials
Much like hairstyles and clothing, there are many types of facials, each designed for a different purpose.
- Simple facials are probably what you think of when you picture the treatment – cleaning, steaming and finishing off with a nice massage.
- Special facials can be tailored to your specific skin type. For example, hypoallergenic products may be part of a facial for sensitive skin; Alpha hydroxy acid facials can help aging skin look more youthful.
- Ultrasonic facials (such as DermaSound) use ultrasonic frequencies to clean your skin and refresh its appearance like never before.
If mature skin isn’t your problem and you’re on the youthful end with too much acne, you can seek out a specialized “acne facial” to clear your skin. You can also clear up your skin with “antioxidant and pollution-fighting facials” that have special ingredients formulated to fight free radicals that can contaminate and damage your skin.
Each facial is customized based on skin type and concerns. We also offer a Mini Facial, which is an abbreviated facial treatment, eliminating massage of face, neck, and shoulders and focusing more on extractions (great for teenagers!).
Many find the relaxing nature of this procedure mentally therapeutic. Make an appointment with one of our aestheticians for a complimentary consultation to determine the facial most appropriate for your needs.